EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE/PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Job Summary: This important office management and liaison work involves the frequent exercise of independent judgment in planning and coordinating the non-technical activities of a department or a major unit. The work involves responsibility for personally handling administrative details in order to free the time of the administrator for planning, policy-making, programming and coordinating. The work is preformed under general supervision. Does related work as required.
Description of Duties: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a range of administrative activities and services, including the following types of responsibilities:
· Responsible for the provision of information and referral services for individuals and families who contact ADAC .
· Open and read incoming mail, conducts general correspondence and routes balance to proper officials.
· Assists the Executive Director in the maintenance of financial records and other records and preparation of reports, handles the purchase, receipt and inventory of departmental supplies and equipment and the processing of related records.
· Assists in compiling data and statistics.
· Provide staff support and participate in other ADAC programs and events.
· Attend workshops, seminars and meetings for professional development.
· Attend and participate in staff meetings, staff functions and fundraisers.
· Observe general office procedures with regard to standardized statistical reporting and data collection and submit such on timely basis.
· Perform other duties as required by the agency’s administration to meet ADAC’s program objectives.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered college,university or business school with a degree in Public or business Administration or related Field; Or
B. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and four years of responsible clerical experience, which shall have included two years of account keeping responsibilities or related work; Or
C. An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
· Working knowledge of various computer programs needed to perform required
Job duties. Such as but not limited to the following.
1. Word Processing
2. Familiarity with the internet
4. Power Point presentations and Excel helpful but not required.
5. Good knowledge of the principles and practices of office and working knowledge of the principles and modern practices general accounting.
· Strong interpersonal and phone skills
· Strong communication and writing skills and comfortable with public speaking
Travel will vary. Moderate travel throughout the county. Moderate travel outside of the county.
All travel expenses are covered as defined in agency personnel policy manual.
HOURS: 35 hours per week, some evening and weekend hours required.